At Happy Socks we have made it our mission to spread happiness everywhere, and you only have to spend a few minutes with us to realize how seriously we take it! Our strong and fast growth is built on pro-active, smart, creative, hands-on and hardworking people who embrace Happy Socks’ culture & spirit.
We are now looking for our first ever Franchise Manager. You will be a key member of the Retail team and join a happy and extremely driven multicultural company of around 150 people from 25 different countries, at our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden.
About the role
This is a brand new role providing a fantastic opportunity to be part of shaping the future of Happy Socks’ retail business. With sales drive and operational skills, the role of the Franchise Manager is to develop, manage, and grow our franchise partners and contribute towards Happy Socks becoming the brand of choice for both potential investors and consumers. Reporting to the Head of Retail, this position will play a key role in driving the growth of our business.
As our Franchise Manager, you will demonstrate interpersonal and relationship building skills amongst franchisee prospects, peers, and other departments. You possess vast knowledge of the industry and have the ability to make independent decisions with discretion. You demonstrate high emotional intelligence and strong business acumen which will be critical skills for this role to build strong work-relationship and partnerships.
- Acquire new franchisees through successful lead generation, negotiation and onboarding
- Responsible for developing and implementing Franchisee specific business plans and budgets
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting franchisee relationships by developing close partnerships and by fully understanding their needs
- Own recruitment, coaching, objectives setting and performance monitoring of a future global franchise team
- Interpret monthly management accounts and benchmark and suggest corrective actions where necessary
- Protect Brand integrity via implementation and measurement of our Brand strategy, values and go to market strategy
- Drive training in markets (e.g. Identify in-store training needs and implement training interventions and coaching)
- Assist franchisees in selecting and formulating marketing strategies in order to increase brand awareness and grow their business
- Ensure implementation of marketing campaigns. Enforce correct use of all supporting elements i.e. point of sale, promotions, campaigns etc.
- Act as brand custodian and ensure brand integrity is protected at all times via adherence to the requirements across key functions, including Operations, HR, and Marketing
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years franchising experience in similar role
- Experience in planning and implementing franchise sales strategies
- Financially skilled and experience in working with e.g. P&Ls and budgets
- Good knowledge of the Retail industry in Europe/Globally. Experience in the German market are particularly valuable
- Experience in successfully building franchise concepts in new markets / regions is highly valued
- Substantial leadership experience – both in business and people
- Proficient skills in MS office
To enjoy and thrive in this role, we also believe you have/are:
- Strong Communication, Organisational, Operational and People management skills
- Sales drive
- Developed analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A strong sense of responsibility and are an energetic self starter
- A hands-on approach to problem solving
- Strong customer service orientation
- Willing to travel
To apply for this job please visit career.happysocks.com.