Norrsken VC is on the way to become the largest early stage impact VC in Europe focused on investing in rapidly scaling early stage start-ups that use technology to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges while building highly profitable businesses.
We are looking for a half time senior fund accountant who has had at least 5 years of experience working with private equity or venture capital funds in a similar role. You will report directly to the fund’s CEO and will be responsible for overseeing the fund’s accounting, reporting, budgeting, cash calls, and distributions as well as compliance and regulations.
We are a newly launched fund, so you should be excited by taking on the challenge of designing and setting up the best practices at a new fund. You will be expected to take on a lot of responsibility and work independently, liaising with the fund administrator, auditors, and lawyers.
We are based in Stockholm, but our team is international and we strongly believe that we make the best decisions as a diverse team. We are a small team with an entrepreneurial spirit where every person makes a significant contribution to our results.
Examples of areas of responsibility:
- Liaise with fund administrator, auditors, and lawyers
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly fund reporting to investors and year-end financial statements
- Preparation of quarterly fund valuations and review reports prepared by the fund administrator
- Manage drawdowns and distributions, e.g. prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Fund cash flow forecasting
- Participate in developing and implementing key internal controls, policies and processes
- Monitor that the fund is complying with the latest applicable regulatory and compliance requirements
You are a good fit if you:
- Want to make the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship and business models are great driving forces for this
- Are positive and contribute to a dynamic and driven team culture
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can demonstrate an ability to take ownership of tasks from start to finish
- University degree, preferably in finance or accounting
- Experience of at least 5 years in a similar role at a private equity or venture capital fund
- Strong operations, accounting and understanding of regulatory environment
- Sound understanding of investment markets and the broader finance industry.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Compensation is competitive. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit careers.norrskenfoundation.org.