We have an exciting opportunity at Polestar for a Purchasing Controller who will be part of a fast-paced and challenging start-up organization. You will play an important role in the finance team supporting Polestar in its growth and expansion. In this finance role, you are a member of a dynamic and developing team. You will be working closely with the Purchasing and Business Controller team. This role is key to purchasing activities such as new sourcing and commercial efficiencies over time.
What you will do
Your main responsibility is to be the finance voice in the sourcing process and in cycle cost management. You will support and motivate the procurement team to maximize the effect from successful sourcing. You will be part of the Operational business controller team and being responsible for creating and implementing process for controlling the procurement activities as well as running these on day to day basis. Perform and quality assured analyse and follow up on material cost development and investments. Constantly work with risk mitigation and search opportunities. Develop and educate the procurement team in financial metrics and how to utilize it in efficient way. As the finance organisation is still under a start-up face you will also be actively involved in establish and implement processes and improvements in the finance area.
You will be placed in Gothenburg, but the role interface with a global purchasing team. Direct report to the Head of operational control and indirect to Program Finance Business Controller and Industrial program leader at P&Q.
Examples of tasks are:
- Serve as adviser for both the Purchasing function and the financial department
- Establish and improve upon existing management controlling and reporting practices.
- Enable the organization to achieve primary goals in reducing cost, increase the efficiency and identify and mitigate risks and opportunities.
- Identify, map and analyse business processes as well as corresponding performance metrics.
- Produce timely insights reports, challenge management and be vocal.
- Drive and coordinate cross functional initiatives
- Interface and related parties are Purchasing, Business Controller, Cost Controllers, accounting, and finance management.
- Become a member that will actively contribute to set up and develop a new modern finance team.
Who you are
We think that you are a person with a lot of energy, strong business acumen and analytical skills. You have sufficient experience and knowledge in the subjected area. In this role it’s important to being able to interpret and communicate financial information in a clear and concise manner.
Other important skills for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration (or similar)
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Strong business acumen and very good analytical skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Proficient in understanding and interpreting financial information and communicating the information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute work with many different stakeholders involved
- Fluent in English
- Very good digital skills
- Good team player and team building skills
Polestar – the guiding star.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining. In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.
At Polestar, the sky is the limit.
Is this you? Do not wait with your application.
We welcome your interest by submitting your CV and personal letter via apply.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…
Please mention Impact Jobs in your application
To apply for this job please visit about.polestar.com.