We’re looking for a passionate and skilled Senior Designer who enjoys both UX and UI, to bring our fantastic mobile applications to the next level.
Tibber is the first fully digital energy company in the world. We’re also the only energy company with the mission to reduce residential energy consumption in Europe by 20%, and let all homes use renewable energy in a sustainable way. We’re constantly challenging the dinosaurs in the market by using new technology and fresh ideas. We not only believe that we’re the digital energy company of the future – we’re the energy company of today.
About the job
In this position, you will focus on the user experience centering on our mobile applications for iOS and Android. They are our pride and glory with great ratings in the App Store as well as the Play Store. However, we don’t want to stop here, we can do even better. The Tibber app is the gateway for our users to get familiar with their energy consumption, control their smart home, or check up on energy prices for the next 24 hours. In this role you will collaborate closely with other designers as well as developers, making sure we provide the best possible experience for our users. It is a true hands-on type of role where you will be involved in the whole cycle of UX/UI Design. This ranges from discovering opportunities, collecting insights, to delivering the product.
Who you are
For you to thrive with us we see that you’re a team-player who knows the value of collaboration and enjoys the process of searching for the best possible solution with your team, with other designers, as well as developers. You have a great set of communication skills and you don’t shy away from discussions on how to make the design even better. You’re driven by a user-centric approach and see problem-solving as a core pillar of design. You’re a self-managed person, who has experience with working in a growing start-up environment or is curious to try it out. We consider it a big plus if you’re excited about the opportunity to reduce the consumption of energy in consumer homes through the design of top-of-the-line user experiences.
- UX design (UX) – You value users and are capable of putting yourself in their shoes. You find solving complex problems motivating and you thrive in the intersection between design, technology, and users.
- UI design (UI) – You have done your fair share of pixel pushing and you find the aesthetics of how an interface looks like an important factor for creating memorable and delightful experiences.
- You’re well-versed in Figma and know how to use, maintain, and enhance a design system.
Nice to haves
- Research tooling – Experience with using qualitative analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Firebase, Metabase, Redshift, Tableau, Excel, or similar.
- Animation tooling – Experience with creating Lottie-files animations using after effect
- Design tooling – Adobe illustrator & Photoshop.
Prerequisites for applying
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working with digital UX/UI Design within a product company or as a consultant for a product company.
- Preferably you have at least 1+ years of experience working with mobile applications.
- Portfolio or similar way to showcase your work.
The Tibber mindset
Being on a mission to fundamentally change an industry as we do also means being prepared for the unexpected. Tibber is a startup in the true sense of the word which means we are on a journey of constant change. We do what others say can’t be done, try and fail together but never lose sight of our users.
We work passionately with sustainability and a circular approach, both with our own products and in the entire ecosystem that is affected by everything we do.
We’re very proud of being a mission-driven startup with thousands and thousands of new users every month. The majority of our investors are proudly represented by Tibber employees, Silicon Valley-based Founders Fund, the entrepreneur Petter Stordalen – and more.
Join our Tibber Tribe, it will be an adventure!
If you have any questions regarding the position, you can reach out to Michaela Holmström at email@example.com. She will be happy to tell you more.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tibber.com.